Contact: Faith Jarvis
About This Ministry
The sacristan, who carefully arranges the liturgical books, the vestments, and other things necessary in the celebration of Mass, exercises a liturgical function overseeing and keep in good order the worship space and the sacristy.
Under the general direction of the clergy, a sacristan undertakes the overall preparation of liturgical celebrations, including all that is needed for special days. The sacristan diligently arranges the liturgical books, lays out the vestments, and prepares the sacred vessels and anything else needed for the celebration of Mass.
- Are registered parishioners who are fully initiated members of the Church who have received Baptism, Holy Eucharist and Confirmation.
- Have a deep love for the Holy Eucharist.
- Are regularly receiving the Sacraments of the Church.
- Receive sufficient training to fulfill their role with knowledge of the liturgical rites of the Church and aware of the demands that this ministry details.
- Show the greatest reverence for the Most Holy Eucharist by their demeanor, their attire, and care and handling of all the sacred vessels and articles used in worship.
- Dependable and consider service a privilege.
- Able to work well with others involved in liturgy, being friendly and helpful to all.
- Are appointed by the pastor.
- Complete Volunteer Application required for serving in the Diocese of Venice, be fingerprinted and safe environment trained (SET), and complete an Availability for Service form for the purposes of the parish Mass schedule.