Respect Life Committee
President: Sharon Levesque
Vice President: Nestor Levesque
The Ave Maria Respect Life Committee will:
- Serve Jesus in his most vulnerable ones – from conception to natural death.
- Inspire others to care and speak out through pastoral care and legislative advocacy.
- Instill a deeper appreciation for God, for life, and for every person through education on the Church’s teachings and the value of prayer.
- Bring Christ more fully into the decision making process of our government.
The Ave Maria Parish Respect Life Ministry participates in many activities throughout the year with various events. The following are some of our past activities:
- 40 Days For Life
- 5th Mondays at Planned Parenthood
- Life Chain
- Pro-Life guest speakers
- Support for Community Pregnancy Clinic, Inc. (CPCI) Life Saver & Giving Tree Collections
- January March For Life in Washington, DC - sponsor students to attend
- Provide tickets to the movie “Unplanned”
- Provide Respect Life information at the Church entrances
- Set up abstinence table at the Martin Luther King Celebration
- Distribute Pro-Life rosaries
- Give a Baptismal scroll at every Baptism, celebrating the parent’s support of life
- Day for the remembrance for the unborn
- Sponsor ads for billboards on the highway
- Novena For Life: 10 Masses offered starting March 25th and ending December 25th
All are welcome to participate in the protection of life. We meet on the second Wednesday of every month at 6:30 PM. Meeting location: Ave Maria Catholic Church Parish Center.
For more information contact Sharon or Nestor Levesque.
Sharon Levesque, President:
941-524-1778 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nestor Levesque, Vice-President: 813-285-6782