Public Masses to resume at Ave Maria on Monday, May 18
Public Masses in Ave Maria will begin on Monday, May 18 following certain guidelines and with restrictions. There is no set timeline for the easing of these restrictions, but as we see how our systems work, we may make some changes.
Our new Mass schedule is:
Monday – Friday: noon; 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am; 5 pm vigil Mass
Sunday: 8 am, 10 am, 12:30 pm Extraordinary Form
Those who are 65+, who are more vulnerable due to compromised immune systems, those who are experiencing fever or flu-like symptoms, or who are anxious about gatherings are encouraged to stay home. The obligation to attend Sunday Mass is dispensed through June 28, 2020. The Monday – Friday Noon Mass, the Saturday 9 am Mass, and the Sunday 10 am and 12:30 pm Masses will continue to be live-streamed.
Attendance at Mass will increase to 50% as of Monday and those who do attend must social distance a minimum of 6 feet from those who do not live in the same household. We do not anticipate a space issue for weekday Masses. For Sunday Masses, we will be implementing a ticketing system. Each household should sign up by Friday at noon for the following weekend (for the weekend of May 23-24, you should sign up by noon on May 22). You will be asked to sign up for a specific Mass time and let us know the number in your household. Only sign up for one ticket per household. Since seating is limited, you may be contacted by parish staff if your preferred Mass time is no longer available. Sign up is available on the parish website: www.avemariaparish.org/sundaymasssignup
- Those who have a fever or flu-like symptoms should stay home.
- Church will open 30 minutes before Mass and close 30 minutes after Mass
- Please follow staff/volunteer directives for seating
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer and sanitize your hands on entering the Church
- Facemasks should be worn by all in the congregation older than 2 years of age
- No sign of peace
- Follow directions and social distancing for the distribution of Holy Communion
- Communion is to be distributed in the hand only
- Follow directions for dismissal from the Church after Mass